Founder Katie Magoon
Welcome to People Solutions Center…we’re so glad you found us and look forward to putting our expertise to work to solve all your human resources needs. Our founder and President, Katie Magoon, started People Solutions Center, a St. Louis-based human resources consulting firm, to help companies with their growing HR concerns.
Katie is passionate about relieving the tension and time that companies spend dealing with issues that create stress in the workplace and lower productivity. Having been employed as an HR specialist with large companies such as Progressive Insurance, Commerce Bank, and Winston & Strawn, she knows first-hand the detriment of internal personnel struggles, leadership and training issues, and turnover. Katie not only excels at traditional HR solutions, she is a recruitment expert and career coach offering top-notch training programs.
Katie has over 20 years of in-depth and varied human resources experience. She spent 15 years at Progressive Insurance, a Fortune 100 company, as a Human Resources Manager, Recruiting Process Leader and Recruiting Director. She also has extensive experience with all size companies and non-profit organizations. Katie brings a strong track record of collaborating with clients to develop results-driven strategic solutions, achieving business goals, and ultimately increasing profits. The combination of her HR background and practical experience leading large teams in an operational setting allows her to advise leaders on how to best leverage their greatest asset – their people!
Katie Magoon Dossier
- 15 years at Progressive Insurance as a Human Resources Manager, Recruiting Process Leader and Recruiting Director. Her experience includes leading a team of 35 Recruiters and Recruiting Managers to meet the business needs of over 5,000 external hires per year in Claims and Contact Center roles.
- Served in unique leadership roles which allowed her to lead large, cross-functional teams with remote employees across the country.
- Supported many facets of diversity and inclusion such as establishing and leading a Military Employee Resource Group, developing Hidden Bias training for interviewers, and implementing strategies that increased the diversity of candidate pools.
- Advised business partners in all areas of employee relations, individual development and team leadership.
- Consulted with volunteer Boards to enhance team effectiveness, develop strategic plans and create training for those in leadership positions.
- Previously in HR with Commerce Bank and Winston & Strawn (big 5 Chicago law firm)
- Current volunteer as Chair of the Delta Sigma Pi Leadership Foundation Fraternity
- Previously served as the National Professional Development Committee Chair for the business fraternity.
Katie’s undergraduate degrees in business and psychology, coupled with an MBA from Washington University in St. Louis, allow her to relate human resource strategies to the bottom line. This strong foundation of varied experience and business knowledge mixed with human psychology is the key to her successful human resources solutions.
“I really enjoyed working with Katie on our PTO policy. She’s smart, personable, and you can tell she truly cares about her work and the people she’s helping. I learned a lot from her, and I know if I ever have questions, she will provide the answers I need.” – Mallarie Zimmer, Rung Boutique
Contact People Solutions Center today and set up your first consultation, 314-308-3224. We look forward to partnering with you to help you exceed your business goals.